30 Nov Taipei MRT Map & Top Destinations Explained
Traveling by MRT is my most preferred method of getting around in Taipei. The MRT system in Taipei is very well maintained, fast, and easy to navigate around as a foreigner. Most importantly, the coverage is wonderful! It covers the majority of the top attractions in Taipei, you can get around the city with ease relying on just the MRT system alone. You can pay for single trip tokens, day passes, or simply get yourself an Easycard and enjoy your 20% discounted trip fare!
There are five MRT lines in Taipei: Wenhu Line, Tamsui-Xinyi Line, Songshan-Xindian Line, Zhonghe-Xinlu Line and the Bannan Line.
1. Brown Line: Wenhu MRT Line 文湖線
This line connects Taipei Zoo – Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center.
Some of the major attractions you will find on the Wenhu line are:
- Taipei Zoo Station 動物園 (See A Day in the Taipei Zoo)
- Technology Building Station 科技大樓 (See National Taiwan Univeristy/NTU)
- Zhongxiao Fuxing Station 忠孝復興 (See Shopping in the East District)
- Songshan Airport 松山機場
- Jiannan Rd. Station 劍南路 (See Miramar Entertainment Park/shopping mall)
- Dahu Park Station 大湖公園 (See Dahu Lakeside Park)
- Nangang Software Park 南港軟體園區 (See Modern technology park)
2. Red Line: Tamsui-Xinyi MRT Line 淡水信義線
This line connects Xiangshan – Tamsui.
Some of the major attractions you will find on the Tamsui-Xinyi line are:
- Xiangshan Station (See Hiking the Elephant Mountain)
- Taipei 101/World Trade Center Station (See Visiting Taipei 101 and the Xinyi district)
- Da’an Park Station (See A walk inside the Da’an Park)
- Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall Station (See Visiting the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial monument)
- Taipei Main Station (You can transfer to long distance buses, highspeed trains and railways here)
- Jiantan Station (See Visiting the Shilin Night Market)
- Shipai Station (See Hiking the Junjianyan Mountain)
- Beitou Station (See A day for relaxing Beitou Hotspring, Beitou Library & Thermal Valley)
- Tamsui Station (See Tamsui old street & ferry)
3. Green Line: Songshan – Xindian MRT Line 松山新店線
This line connects Songshan – Xindian.
Some of the major attractions you will find on the Songshan-Xindian line are:
- Taipei Arena (See Ice Skating in the Taipei Arena)
- Ximen Station (See Ximending)
- Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall Station (See Chiang Kai-shek Memorial monument)
- Gongguan Station (See National Taiwan University/NTU)
- Xindian Station (See Bitan Park)
4. Orange Line: Zhonghe – Xinlu MRT Line 中和新蘆線
This line connects Nanshijiao – Huilong (A) or Nanshijiao – Luzhou.
Some of the major attractions you will find on the Zhonghe-Xinhu line are:
- Zhongxiao Xinsheng Station
- Xintian Temple Station
5. Blue Line: Bannan MRT Line 板南線
This line connects Nangang – Dingpu.
Some of the major attractions you will find on the Bannan line are:
- Nangang Station (Walking distance to the Nangang Software Park)
- Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall Station
- Zhongxiao Fuxing Station & Zhongxiao Dunhua Station(Shopping in the East District)
- Taipei Main Station (The main station for bus, highspeed train and railway transfers)
- Ximen Station (Ximending)
- Banqiao Station